Scalp care: why is it important for hair health? As the environment deteriorates, it becomes more and more difficult to monitor the health of hair. We tell you how competent scalp care helps to avoid serious problems with curls.
Scalp care rules and tips
Hairstylist David Lucas from Kérastase stresses that the skin on the head has a direct impact on the health of the hair: “It is in this skin that the fate of each hair is decided. To have beautiful hair, you have to have healthy skin underneath it”.
If the skin is in poor condition, the hair does not get the necessary amount of nutrients, which leads to fragility and constant dryness.
In megacities, the scalp is most often exposed to harsh environmental conditions. As much as 80% of skin damage is associated with aggressive external exposure, and only the remaining 20% is related to heredity. In addition, the vast majority of the population suffers from high environmental pollution, which exceeds the WHO standards.
As a rule, due to sebum harmful substances settle on the scalp surface, interacting with it and causing irritation. All this creates an unhealthy environment for the hair. “Contaminated” sebum clogs the follicles, or hair follicles, blocking the access to oxygen, which makes the hair more vulnerable.
What is the danger of improper scalp care?
Ignoring the peculiarities of skin type, the use of poor-quality cosmetics, abuse of colors and stylings, too high water temperature when washing the head and air while drying with a hairdryer – all this can provoke not only unpleasant feelings but also lead to more serious consequences.
Incorrect scalp care can:
- cause dryness and constant itching;
- on the contrary, it may cause excessive grease and even acne;
- increase the level of fungus that causes dandruff;
- weaken the hair follicles and cause hair loss;
- to exacerbate serious diseases such as psoriasis and seborrhea, which require immediate medical attention and treatment.
Professional scalp care in three stages
After the statement of Kérastase founder Francois Dahl that clean skin gives rise to beautiful hair, the first personalized Fusio-Scrub line was created for deep cleansing, detox, and scalp revitalization. In addition, a salon procedure of the same name was created on the basis of this range, which uses a scrub individually selected for the type of scalp and hair, as well as essential oils, chosen according to your mood and emotional state. After Fusion-Scrub care, the skin starts breathing again, the hair is softened, gets radiant, and volume from the very roots.
Which scrub should I choose? It’s very simple: gentle Apaisant is designed for sensitive skin, and Energisant – for skin prone to oily. We’ll tell you more about it below, but in the meantime, let’s return to the salon SPA. Here is how Fusio-Scrub professional scalp care is arranged:
Step 1: The specialist mixes a drop of Kérastase Fusio-Scrub essential oil (relaxing sandalwood, stimulating ginger, or refreshing peppermint oil) with Kérastase Fusio-Scrub deeply cleansing or delicate scrub.
Step 2: the scrub is applied to the scalp, followed by a massage to enhance the action of the active ingredients. This step alone removes up to 3 times more impurities and dead cells from pores than a regular bath shampoo. At the same time, it is a session of aromatherapy – the procedure has a beneficial effect not only on the scalp but also on your emotional state.
Step 3: After the scrub is thoroughly washed with water, you can start styling or just dry your hair.
As a result, the strands become softer, more voluminous, lighter, and more radiant. Our experts, who have already tried the procedure, note that the scrub is a long-lasting scalp refresh.
Oily scalp: what to do?
Oily skin type is probably the most problematic. If your hair is prone to oily, there are several rules to follow.
- Try to dry your hair only naturally, without using a hairdryer. If you can’t do without a hairdryer, dry your hair at a low temperature and be sure to use thermal protection.
- Do not wash your head with hot water – just like drying with hot airflow, it leads to too active sebaceous glands.
- Frequent and intense combing of the hair aggravates the problem of oily scalp. Be sure to get a separate hairbrush (preferably made of wood) and clean it regularly.
- Frequent dyeing and/or dyeing with poor-quality dyes are harmful to any hair, and especially to oily skin.
- Shampoo and mask should contain components that regulate sebum secretion. They include salicylic acid, clay, ceramides, zinc, extracts of mint, and lemon.
- Never apply conditioner or balm to the hair roots. This leads to clogged pores and “greasy” hairstyles.
- As a quick measure, use a dry shampoo – this SOS product instantly gives the hair a fresh look by absorbing the excess sebum.
How do I care for a dry scalp?
Dry scalp is characterized by itching, tightness sensation, fragility, and strong electrification of the hair. So how do you restore the balance of the epidermis? Here are some tips.
- When drying your hair with a hairdryer, do not direct the airflow to the roots.
- Rigid tap water dries the skin. To soften it, you can install a filter or a special showerhead.
- The same applies to dry indoor air, especially during the heating season in winter. The problem may be solved by installing a humidifier.
- For hair and scalp care, give preference to sulfate-free products.
- The key to this type of skincare is nutrition, so the shampoo, mask, and balm should contain natural oils, ceramides, proteins, panthenol, or allantoin.
Basics of normal scalp care
Normal scalp type implies no problems with it and hair. Few people can boast of this state of the hair. But if you are lucky and have a normal scalp, regular hair care with professional beauty products is enough to maintain its balance.
Can I just say what a aid to find someone who actually is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You positively know how one can bring a difficulty to mild and make it important. Extra individuals must read this and perceive this side of the story. I cant believe youre no more widespread since you undoubtedly have the gift.
Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to take a look. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Exceptional blog and wonderful style and design.